Followers

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Grade 8 Girl




           I was connected with eight grade girls whom I knew since they were in grade two. There was this girl who used to be a bright one that attracted me with her witness and smartness, meeting her again was a nice thing for me; day after day I realized her enthusiasm specially in writing is down and didn't want to give it a try, I always asked her, " What is going on?" "Why don't you want to write?" " I know you can do it.", but she didn't give a reasonable reason till one day I asked them to write a narrative essay about something bad happened with them; Here she wrote me why she had changed. " They used to make a contest in Arabic for speech in the school, she had the priority to share every time but that teacher chose her daughter; that upset her and her friends a lot and decided never to share or give it time since it is known who will share; here I made up my mind and decided to keep trying because I believe in her, I left her a note at the end of her essay. I encouraged her to read and write whatever comes to her mind and never to let ant one put your dreams and abilities down; this hint was the fruit at the end of every piece of writing from me to her and vice versa, we enjoyed the idea, and till now we are in touch that helped her a lot in writing and expressing herself freely.

4 comments:

  1. Great job dear mona the best part of being a teacher is to leave an impact in students mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a dark side that really exists in the schools, when the teachers give the priority to there kids or relatives,something unfair and very destructive for the other students .An issue that have to be resolved seriously.

    ReplyDelete